AFSCME COUNCIL 93 BOSTON PRESIDENT’S COMMITTEE ENDORSES DAN CULLINANE FOR STATE REPRESENTATIVE
Boston, MA – In the special election to succeed State Senator Linda Dorcena Forry as State Representative, AFSCME Council 93 Boston President’s Committee has endorsed Dan Cullinane in his bid for State Representative of the 12th Suffolk District.
“AFSCME Council 93 Boston President’s Committee is proud to stand with Dan Cullinane in his campaign for State Representative of the 12th Suffolk District. Dan has stood with the hard working families of Massachusetts throughout his career,” Chris “Tiger” Stockbridge, Co-Chair of the AFSCME Council 93 Boston President’s Committee, said. “Dan has the energy, experience, and proven commitment to the people of Dorchester, Mattapan, Hyde Park and Milton to be a strong State Representative.”
AFSCME Council 93 represents more than 45,000 state, county, and municipal employees in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
Also this week Cullinane received the endorsements of the Boston Newspaper Printing Pressmen’s Union No. 3 and the Newspaper Chauffeurs, Distributors, and Helpers Teamsters Local 259.
These unions along with AFSCME Council 93 Boston President’s Committee join the following unions which also have already endorsed the Dan Cullinane campaign:
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 17, located in the 12th Suffolk District representing 2,000 skilled trades-people in the Boston area.
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 2222, located in the 12th Suffolk District representing thousands of telecommunications workers in the greater Boston area.
- International Association of Heat & Frost Insulators & Allied Workers Local 6, located in Dorchester.
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 127
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters Boston Mailers’ Local 1
- United Steel Workers Local 5696
- United Steel Workers District 4, Sub-District 3
Dan Cullinane served as Linda Dorcena Forry’s Field Director on her successful State Senate campaign. Prior to that, Cullinane worked as a Fundraising Manager at Action for Boston Community Development, Inc. (ABCD), Boston’s largest anti-poverty agency, where he also served on the Board of Directors from 2009-2012. He has worked as Director of Constituent Services for State Representative Martin J. Walsh and as Communications Director for former Boston City Councilor Maureen Feeney.
Dan is a life-long resident of Dorchester where he lives with his wife Emily Torres-Cullinane. He serves as the Vice-President of the Cedar Grove Civic Association and as a member of the Ward 16 Democratic Committee.